View Single Post
Old 10-22-2012, 12:17 PM   #288 (permalink)
DLSTR
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 21Supra 2.0/22 M240i
DLSTR has a reputation beyond reputeDLSTR has a reputation beyond reputeDLSTR has a reputation beyond reputeDLSTR has a reputation beyond reputeDLSTR has a reputation beyond reputeDLSTR has a reputation beyond reputeDLSTR has a reputation beyond reputeDLSTR has a reputation beyond reputeDLSTR has a reputation beyond reputeDLSTR has a reputation beyond reputeDLSTR has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kactussjack View Post
Just had the column lock failure last Thursday @ 17,500 miles. Rev C. It best be covered under warranty.

I saw in a few posts up that a rev E failed. Does anyone know if Nissan actually fixed the problem or a just replacing the part & it could happen again? GM did something like this on the C-5 vettes. They even had a recall, but it only solved the column lock problem on the auto, not the manual. I'm thinking that the bypass harness I saw in another thread may be worthwhile still.
I have a 2010 with Rev E. Just installed my bypass kit. Do it! Dont even hesitate. I thought about pulling the fuse. Bypass kit is easier and you have zero risk to a very expensive electrical system in case you mess up pulling the fuse.
Either method is good. Kit was better for me. I didnt feel like mine would fail as the 09's are severely affected by this. Worth the money for peace of mind!
DLSTR is offline   Reply With Quote