View Single Post
Old 10-21-2012, 06:58 PM   #8 (permalink)
KingJoseph
Base Member

Drives: 2012 Nismo 370Z
KingJoseph is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCNISMO View Post
The stock Nismo exhaust is pretty good. I had nismo cold air intake and berk cats with stock exhaust and tune. Then I added the FI exhaust and I lost power. Now, I did not retune and if I did I would have gainec it back. But for me the FI was too loud and got too many looks. So I went back to stock.
This is exactly what I'm concerned about. I've already put down the $300 non-refundable deposit and my delivery is coming up, but I don't want to drop another $1300 to lose power. I don't have a problem with the way my Nismo sounds right now. Perhaps I should have done more homework ahead of time.

That being said, the FI website shows a 20 *wheel* horsepower gain over the base 370 and the Nismo exhaust (which I think is the only component of the Nismo that adds horsepower) nets an 18 *crank* horsepower gain. Translate the FI exhaust wheel horsepower gain into crank horsepower (by adding back in the drivetrain losses) and it would seem that it'd have to be greater than 20... is my thought process wrong here? I have the feeling it might not be an apples-to-apples comparison, but maybe somebody who's more knowledgeable can correct me.

At the very least, the CF FI exhaust is 25 lbs lighter than the stock Nismo exhaust.
KingJoseph is offline   Reply With Quote