View Single Post
Old 10-21-2012, 03:32 PM   #15 (permalink)
37Z
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 370Z MB 6M -sold
37Z has a reputation beyond repute37Z has a reputation beyond repute37Z has a reputation beyond repute37Z has a reputation beyond repute37Z has a reputation beyond repute37Z has a reputation beyond repute37Z has a reputation beyond repute37Z has a reputation beyond repute37Z has a reputation beyond repute37Z has a reputation beyond repute37Z has a reputation beyond repute
Default sound deadening

From the pics, you will need to sound deaden the front of rear wheel wells. A lot of the unwanted noise comes from the rear wheel wells in front of the rear shock towers.

If installing dynamat or similar material,the plastic side panels have to be removed to install the sound deadening material. See the service manual for installation available to download from this web site. The removal of this side panels is involved but worth it to reduce unwanted noise in my experience.

Tip: I did not purchase replacement clips, that cause the plastic panels to create an unwanted noise.
I had to replace the side panels for a second time to eliminate the noise coming from the plastic panels.

Another option, is apply sound deadening to the outside of the rear wheel wells. The tires have to be removed and the factory undercoating must be degreased. Check out Second Skin material for this (sludged) material.

Another brand is LizardSkin but is made to be sprayed on the inside. If you spray it on the outside of the inner rear wheel wells, you have to paint over the LizardSkin.

I tried spray on bed liner to the inside rear wheel wells but did not reduce unwanted noise.

Good Luck!
37Z is offline   Reply With Quote