Thread: comparo..
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2009, 01:32 AM   #26 (permalink)
wj4
Base Member

Drives: BMW 335i
wj4 is on a distinguished road

I've driven a C350 and it's a pretty boring car. The C63 is a different story though. I love the exhaust note on that thing.

The 335i was a gateway car, per se. A lot of people, including myself, jumped on the car because it was a quick BMW at an 'affordable' price. I've always like BMW's and Benz's, but all of the faster versions were pretty darn expensive. 335i owners came from Evo, STi, S2k, 350z, etc.

I'm not a badge whore like some people out there. I came from an Evo, and at the time I made the switch, it was the only car I can find that has some of the speed my Evo had without spending too much outside of my comfort zone.

And of course because the 335i is turbo'd from the factory, like most other turbo'd cars, making power is pretty darn easy.

I like Audi, but they've gotten too expensive. There was a time when Audi would price their car a tad bit less than the competing BMW. Now they have surpassed the price of their BMW counterpart. And the resale of Audi's suck severely. They still don't handle that well, at least from the Audi's I've driven, S4 and S5.
wj4 is offline   Reply With Quote