View Single Post
Old 10-21-2012, 11:25 AM   #1381 (permalink)
roy'sz
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2010 nissan 370z
roy'sz will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by binary0x01 View Post
Ordered the Koni Yellows from KamiSpeed, next best quote was 25 bux less but I went with KamiSpeed since I've done business with them before and their customer service was excellent both times.

I was told that the 'floaty' feeling during fast driving over uneven surfaces will be gone since the shocks will be stiff; here's hoping for that being true. I didn't want to get coils because I have Swift springs and they are great from personal experience of 4K miles on em now. I've read nothing but good things about Koni + Swift on here.

Anyways, I'll report back after Seb@SpecialtyZ does the install. I'll also ask him to install the 20/25MM spacers for me since the wheels will be off anyway. I got base wheels and will post pics after all is done.

Thanks to everyone on this forum for great info in this thread. Of all the car fourms I've checked out, this one is really special... without bias

The reason that you are getting the "floaty" feeling is because of the shock bound and rebound rates aren't paired or designed to work with the spring that you have. When you do get the kw3's you can adjust the valving to where it eliminates it. But on the other hand when you start to adjust it to be a little stiffer, your handling will change a lot. Just a fyi imho, im lookin to get the stance coilover kit here in the near future.
roy'sz is offline   Reply With Quote