View Single Post
Old 10-20-2012, 12:09 PM   #28 (permalink)
Mt Tam I am
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370Z T/S/N 6MT & XKE
Mt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVSkier View Post
Ok, here are my driving impressions on the Porsche vs the Nismo. My Nismo was a lot of fun. I ran Michelin Super Sport 305's on rear and 275's on the front. It really woke up the handling on the car. When I first got my Porsche I was amazed at the difference in acceleration. Nissan claims 350 hp and Porsche claims 355 hp. All I have to say is somebody is lying, it is the most powerful extra 5 hp I have ever had! As far as the handling goes I loved the way the Nismo handled. It was very predictable and easy to drive fast in the twistys. The porsche has more feedback in the steering, it feels like your steering wheel has a direct connection with the tires. That being said the Nismo is more forgiving if you get surprised coming aroung a corner. The Porsche has to be driven deliberately or you will be punished for it, you need to have your apex planned so you keep the balance of the car correct, it's a more involving experience. The Porsche pulls so much harder out of the corners it blows you away. The Nismo was more about holding cornering speed and the Porsche corners just as fast but comes out of the corner so much harder. You also need to get on the throttle earlier in the turn so the balance is right. I can't wait until I get some Super Sports on the Porsche, it still has the original tires and i'm waiting to wear them out. The sound system on the Porsche is much better than the Nismo, the instruments have an intuitive placement and the heating and cooling are much quicker to respond. Don't get me wrong, I liked my Nismo but I can see where the difference in price comes from. One more thing, I can actually see out of the rear window and the blind spots are almost non existent on the Porsche. If you ever get a chance you owe it to yourself to try one out.
Nice write up and good explanation of your impressions.
Nissan Motorsports 34R Oil Cooler. Stillen CBE. Hotchkis Sport Sway Bars. KW Variant 3 Coilover System. Stillen Gen3 CAI. Michelin Pilot Super Sport. Stillen Brake Ducts. Carbotech™ XP10/XP8 Pads. Z1 Front Rotors. Z1 Stainless Brake Lines. Two degrees of camber
Mt Tam I am is offline   Reply With Quote