View Single Post
Old 10-19-2012, 10:18 PM   #10 (permalink)
redline727
Base Member

Drives: '13 MUSTANG GT 6MT
redline727 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by .c2 View Post
Yeah my tech also noticed that my Invidia test pipes don't have the support bracket that allows you to bolt it onto the car, and that the rattle is loudest at the Y pipe. Damn I didn't know they would replace it though... Otherwise I probably would have kept my Invidia exhaust. Ugh lol, good to know though.

If you don't mind me asking, did you simply inform Invidia directly of your problem and send in your Y pipe for a free replacement? I bought my exhaust used and the resonators on my Y pipe are scraped from being too low, do you think I would still get a free replacement if I sent mine in haha
That's the best part I didn't have to send anything in. I called them about my flex pipes leaking. (I was just living with the vibration/rattle) Since they have a 1year warranty all I had to do was email them my original purchase receipt then they shipped me both driver and passenger Y section in the new design. Losing the rattle with the new design was a bonus!

However in your case since you got it used and don't have proof of original purchase I don't know how far you would get bc that's the first thing they required of me when making my warranty claim.
redline727 is offline   Reply With Quote