View Single Post
Old 10-19-2012, 05:28 PM   #11 (permalink)
cossie1600
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370, Leaf
cossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond repute

I agree what you are using is perfectly fine for what you are doing, can't beat it for the price. Plus as long as you are comparing your runs with the same setup, the difference/delta is what matters.

Remember your speedo reads 1-2mph higher than your actual speed at highway speed, so the difference could be 3-4mph at 120 something mph. It just seems high that's all, you could be that fast. I just happened to notice it when I was watching the video.

I tried to use SoloStorm with no external GPS, the result was awful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zxces50 View Post
I believe the speed to be very accurate based on visual of Tach (tough to see speedo as am sure you know)- was in 5th gear and around 6000 RPM. But agree HLT does occasionally get bogged down on data update. Again for fun track day it is more than adequate and provides good feedback and insight- I don't track enough to drop a $K or more on data aquisition and very pleased with HLT performance albeit not perfect. I've done about a dozen track days at The Glen and have picked up a few MPH different segements over the past 3 years. I love the Esses and the Z really handles well so you can push up the hill thru the curves. In other lap vids I was pretty consistently hitting 126..127..128 and would typically be gaining on other cars in this section of track and staying with the 911's (Traffic vid) so I think the 129 MPH is correct
cossie1600 is offline   Reply With Quote