Thread: PedalBox
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2012, 12:41 PM   #9 (permalink)
UNKNOWN_370
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: well over 130m.p.h.
UNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Dude View Post
I just ordered it from TMW performance. Waiting for it to get here.

I've been thinking about this for a while and have looked at various types; Sprint Booster, Blitz, etc. They're probably all the same but this one just looked cleanest and most compact in design.

My goal is not to get more power. Obviously this thing doesn't do that. But I have been pretty disappointed with the throttle control. Not so much hesitation from a start, although that is annoying, but mainly mid-throttle accelerations and downshifts especially while overtaking. It's like all or nothing with this car and it's feel more like a turbo car with it's lag.

I think Nisan designed the throttle map on these cars for maximum fuel economy. This makes sense in that it probably helps them to reach CAFE standards. But good lord this is supposed to be a sports car so let's go already!!
Intake hoses and k&n filters pretty much ended my problems with throttle response and added a little extra power between 3500-5000rpm. $180. then i 86'd the resonators. $90 and it helped even further.

Last edited by UNKNOWN_370; 10-19-2012 at 12:43 PM.
UNKNOWN_370 is offline   Reply With Quote