View Single Post
Old 10-19-2012, 07:50 AM   #52 (permalink)
birdmanx1
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370z Nismo
birdmanx1 has a reputation beyond reputebirdmanx1 has a reputation beyond reputebirdmanx1 has a reputation beyond reputebirdmanx1 has a reputation beyond reputebirdmanx1 has a reputation beyond reputebirdmanx1 has a reputation beyond reputebirdmanx1 has a reputation beyond reputebirdmanx1 has a reputation beyond reputebirdmanx1 has a reputation beyond reputebirdmanx1 has a reputation beyond reputebirdmanx1 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to birdmanx1

Congrats fearless on the kid. The really good advice on this thread are really pleasing to read and attest to the maturity of the members on this forum.
That being said, I just want to add something based on my experience being myself a father (As I'm typing this my little one is kicking me and causing all kinds of stir ). It was advice from much older friends/coworkers that allowed me to go through our process without too much stress.
Everyone has got their own finances, if you believe that it's not financially sound to own the Z while having the baby, then sell it or trade it in for a family oriented car - you can always purchase the 390z in the future. You have new priorities man and a ton more planned and unplanned charges awaiting you now... meaning that a lot of your fun toys desires might have to be readjusted for the long term stability of your family (GTR is gone for the time being in my future). You have to take things such as baby expenses (I paid 10k cash over the past few months between the hospital bills/kids needs), lost income (My wife stopped working for close to a year now to bond with the kid during those early stages so there goes at least $50k after taxes income lost income every year), college savings, bigger house... into consideration. So start saving now because that will take a lot of stress away later and allow you to enjoy your family more.
Best of luck with your decision and congrats once again
370Z NISMO #0462 | ClearBra | 3M tint | Head/Taillights | Dynamat | Black Roof | Tommy Kaira HB | CF Parts | Berk HFCs | FI SS | NST Pulleys | Takeda aFe | K&N | H&R Spacers | Swift Spec R | SPC F&R | Zuperman M370
Nismo Vid | Nismo Journal | Nismo Rumble
birdmanx1 is offline   Reply With Quote