View Single Post
Old 09-13-2009, 08:15 AM   #1 (permalink)
racerxj17
Track Member

Drives: 09 370z
racerxj17 is on a distinguished road
Default aftermarket suspension = noise?

any one else have issues with "clunking" type noises? when the chassis flexes, there is an audible noise coming from the car, almost like a thud. all suspension points are tight, and the sway bars are well greased. i expect some noise, but its loud enough that it bothers me and raises questions from passengers.

i am running BC racing coilovers, and hotchis sways.

on a side note, the car feels VERY responsive, there is literally no body roll felt (it will literally pick the inside rear tire OFF the ground about 3" when entering a driveway at an angle, sometimes causing me to back out since the limited slip sucks and it just spins the tire....)

BUT i feel like the grip of the car has decreased. the car doesnt feel as planted, and seems easier to slide. it is very controlable, and its not just the rear, or front, better yet all around grip. i have a feeling that since my camber has not been adjusted and is still negative (around 2.5 front, 3.0 rear) perhaps the car cannot lean enough to put the contact patch of the tire on the ground.

any insight on the above would be appriciated.

Jon