View Single Post
Old 10-18-2012, 12:30 PM   #823 (permalink)
JARblue
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 11 Z34, 98 E36 M3
JARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaleForce View Post
105 mph = 168 kph

Here that will get you charged with street racing and dangerous driving, a $10000 fine, loss of license for 7 days, impounded vehicle (towed on the spot) for 7 days, and all the fees associated with towing and storage at the impound lot. Not to mention the unaffordable price hike in insurance... Assuming you can still be insured.
In Texas, even the police understand that it takes 20+ hours to drive across this state even at 100 mph (which is only 20 mph over on about 60% of I-10 where the speed limit is 80). I knew a kid in high school who had a cop write his 120 in a 70 as 90 in a 70 on the ticket. A very close friend of mine was in the car with him and confirmed the tale.

I just watched some Austrailian V8 Supercar racing and this guy passed at 300kmh just before entering a curve Makes me want to go get a ticket for speeding and reckless driving j/k of course

2011 370Z 6MT Sport Gun Metallic | ARC | CJM | Ecutek | FI | Fujimura | R2C | SPL | Stillen | TWM | Z1 | ZSpeed |