View Single Post
Old 10-17-2012, 02:15 PM   #10 (permalink)
SurfDog
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 6mt, 13 Sequoia,
SurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAmazingNik View Post
I still have my 37 sedan but looking to sell it, and maybe get a 2013 Z..

The G has been alright a little issues here and there, I was reading through the issues with the Z and the clutch and pre-2012 overheating are what I've found to be common. Overheating won't be a problem as I won't track it, just some back road runs and it's 2013.

My main question was what are the biggest issues with this car? My G is on the verge of an engine problem, so I know the VQ w/ VVEL is a little touchy but if you guys have any warnings and heads ups I'd greatly appreciate it!

-Nik
most of the issues ppl have with the Z are pretty easily fixed.
-Not everyone likes the BOSE sound system
-Some people do not like the feel of the 6mt clutch (there is an easy fix)
-oil cooler for track is easily installed and works well.
-some people do not like the road noise on stock tires. (dynamat/tires fix)
-some people have oil consumption issues which are warranty fixable.
-'09s had a steering lock problem (can be bypassed easily by pulling fuse)

plan to get an uprev tune regardless of upgrades to really get most out of your VQ. You can adjust fans (to keep oil temps down) install 4 "maps" (like valet mode and higher octane mode for track) and you can adjust your rev limit for the track or dragging.

Good Luck on your decision.
09 6spd Berk CBE, JWT cams, ZSpeed CSC, Stillen (25 row oil, brake cooling, sways, gen3 CAI), Passport (9500ci), Quaife LSD, Z1 400 hp kit, ss lines, pads, rotors, clutch etc, Phunk's pan and fuel starve fix
SurfDog is offline   Reply With Quote