View Single Post
Old 10-17-2012, 01:59 AM   #37 (permalink)
bigsix
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Honda City/Mazda 2
bigsix has much to be proud ofbigsix has much to be proud ofbigsix has much to be proud ofbigsix has much to be proud ofbigsix has much to be proud ofbigsix has much to be proud ofbigsix has much to be proud ofbigsix has much to be proud of
Send a message via Skype™ to bigsix

Quote:
Originally Posted by bvl View Post
Some cars have a feel that is very very hard to match. BMW has it with the 3 series. Lotus and Mazda have small roadsters. Porsche has their thing too.

Having spent significant time in a 987 Cayman, being down 1l and 70 HP or so to the Z it still has a much different feel in both basic handling and power delivery. I'm hardly a brand snob (strait, miata fan here. yes they exist), but the experience of the Cayman is far better then the Z. 2X the price better?

To me, no way.

The 911 is a different category IMHO. Its larger, cost far more, is a 2+2, and is the epitome of engineering for the brand. It teeters the edge of sports car and ultimate GT depending on packaging.

- b
Apparently the 370z was designed more as a rival to the Cayman than the 911. To my eyes, the Z's design/body looks similar to the 911 with a wide,low, muscular stance and sloped, bulging rear end.
The key difference is where the engine sits: over the front axle vs. behind the rear axle. Rear-wheel drive vs. available All-wheel drive.