View Single Post
Old 10-16-2012, 03:44 PM   #9 (permalink)
Mino
Base Member

Drives: 12 370Z BS Spt 6MT
Mino is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Mino

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIGItonium View Post
Maybe try to shed weight from the car? Every little bit helps... but it might cost you a bit (e.g., light weight seats, wheels, etc.).

When you go in for the tune, have them adjust the fan settings so it kicks in earlier and adjust the throttle map so the ECU will allow you to open it up more especially down low. Reference the tuning subforum.

[EDIT] IIRC, your might not be as daily drivable with this suggestion: shed weight down to 2800 lbs. Forged stripped down their stock Z to the bare essentials, and they managed to get it under 2800 lbs. or so and the car was highly competitive against the likes of Porsche on the track. Other than that... force induction is the way to go if you're going to spend more than $3k for N/A power.
Oh alright thank you what redline would you recommend? I hear some people have up to 8300 some 7800 so on. Which would be good since I will be using a lot of the 2-3rd gears without blowing my engine.