View Single Post
Old 10-16-2012, 01:38 PM   #1 (permalink)
spryor
Base Member

Drives: 2010 Nissan Versa
spryor is on a distinguished road
Default Tire Protectant (A question update for Junkman2008)

Hi Junkman2008,

What tire protectant do you highly recommend?

I would like a formula that does not attract dirt quickly and also does not give you that high-gloss or plastic artificial look. I would like something that looks natural and produce a low-gloss effect. Furthermore, I would like something that is easy and safe on composite rubber.

I know from personal experience that original formula Armor All is the last thing that I would want to use on my tires or any rubber surfaces. From my research, I found that silicone and petroleum distillates are hard on rubber surfaces and are oil-based. In addition, I also found that these same ingredients (silicone and petroleum distillates) are safe on rubber surfaces. Now I am really confused.

In summary, since there are so many brand names in the market, it makes it difficult to decide on which tire protectant to purchase. It is very possible to spend hundreds of dollars just to find out which one suits your taste and is safe on rubber. Of course, the tire protectant that one chooses will end up being a matter of personal choice.

Your thoughts?

Thank you,

spryor

P.S. Do you recommend any particular pad to be used with tire protectant? 100% terry cloth? Foam Pad? Microfiber? Paint brush (Huh)?

Last edited by spryor; 10-16-2012 at 10:00 PM. Reason: Reedited text for better clarity
spryor is offline   Reply With Quote