View Single Post
Old 10-15-2012, 11:35 PM   #28 (permalink)
SurfDog
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 6mt, 13 Sequoia,
SurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond repute

I have a 94 Miata, a 09 FJ cruizer and the Z (09).

Miata- fun as long as you don't want any power. Handles great- they call it a "drivers car" like the BRZ. As soon as I got my Z, I hung the Miata up and am just kind waiting for the right relative or something to give it to... Maybe ill drop in a v8 or something. the point is, I havent driven it at all since i got the Z.

The FJ is great when the snow falls and can haul my wife and kids, but really is just a mountain climber.

The Z is AWESOME. here are the detractors.
1. no back seat
2. stock tires are loud on some roads.
3. needs an oil cooler to track (otherwise is fine)
4. 09' had a little (easy to fix) problem with the steering lock.
5. stock clutch IS A BITCH... but is pretty easily fixed.

I have never bought a perfect car. I have modded every car Ive ever owned to some degree, and I would sum up the Z as follows.:

Diamond in the rough.

Now that Ive spend a little TLC and about 5000 bucks on my Z, it is just dreamy! I like to think of the Z as an enthusiasts car, and if you love cars and like pouring a bit of yourself into you car you are going to love the Z. If you want it perfect from the dealer, then go for a test and see what you think. Some people love them stock, some do not.
09 6spd Berk CBE, JWT cams, ZSpeed CSC, Stillen (25 row oil, brake cooling, sways, gen3 CAI), Passport (9500ci), Quaife LSD, Z1 400 hp kit, ss lines, pads, rotors, clutch etc, Phunk's pan and fuel starve fix
SurfDog is offline   Reply With Quote