View Single Post
Old 10-15-2012, 07:34 PM   #2 (permalink)
37Z
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 370Z MB 6M -sold
37Z has a reputation beyond repute37Z has a reputation beyond repute37Z has a reputation beyond repute37Z has a reputation beyond repute37Z has a reputation beyond repute37Z has a reputation beyond repute37Z has a reputation beyond repute37Z has a reputation beyond repute37Z has a reputation beyond repute37Z has a reputation beyond repute37Z has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by djtodd View Post
Anyone changed theirs? Any gotchas or specifics to be especially aware of.

Looking at the svc manual, it doesn't look too bad. One thing they noted was to change the CSC every time. Really?? Are they just being overly cautious, or should I actually replace it anytime I pull the tranny. Car only has 3k miles.

Thanks!
Changed out the CSC; it's the cheapest part of the replacement items. The factory one is prone to fail (cheap construction) and is located in the transmission housing. If it fails, you have to do the install over again. Check out some of the vendors options for the CSC.

Also, you need to purchase brake fluid to blead the clutch after replacing the CSC. I would not do a clutch job in your garage without a lift. I'm lucky;I have access to a lift!
37Z is offline   Reply With Quote