View Single Post
Old 10-15-2012, 06:49 PM   #8 (permalink)
37Z
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 370Z MB 6M -sold
37Z has a reputation beyond repute37Z has a reputation beyond repute37Z has a reputation beyond repute37Z has a reputation beyond repute37Z has a reputation beyond repute37Z has a reputation beyond repute37Z has a reputation beyond repute37Z has a reputation beyond repute37Z has a reputation beyond repute37Z has a reputation beyond repute37Z has a reputation beyond repute
Default Tweets for tweeters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nillaz View Post
If you are putting your new tweeters in the stock location in your dash you need a mount to secure the tweeter in place.. You can see what the mount looks like for yourself by prying up one of the speaker grills on your dash with a small screwdriver...should take about 15 seconds to do. I'm not sure of the exact dimensions (probably about 3" square, 1/8" thick), but it's just a small metal square with four screw holes in the corners and a larger hole in the center that you can use to anchor your new tweeters.

It is possible to remove the stock tweeter from the plate that is already there but it may just be easier to make one out of ABS plastic or a piece of sheet metal and keep the existing assembly intact. This makes sense if you ever want to re-install your factory system (when you sell the car, etc.) It doesn't even have to be especially pretty as it will literally never be seen....I forget who it was but someone on here made one out of a lightswitch plate. Trust me, after disassembling your center console, installing a new head unit, running wires, etc. this part will seem like a piece of cake.
Plus one^!

That what I did as well having used left-over sheet of plastic. The difficult part is removing the screws that hold the tweeter in place. I used my mini socket wrench.
37Z is offline   Reply With Quote