View Single Post
Old 10-13-2012, 10:08 AM   #35 (permalink)
Dsphoto
Base Member

Drives: 10 BC 370ZR S/T M6
Dsphoto is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yutnaka View Post
And this is with the gen 2? Everyone keeps saying just get the gen 3, but this kinda proves that gen2 does make good power.

It is with the gen 2. A longer intake tract will yield greater mid and low range power while a shorter tract will yield greater high range power. This is a general statement assuming all other factors are equal. The gen 2 might have a slightly increased intake charge temp at low speeds but once the car is moving the shrouds keep warm under hood air away from the intakes. Also, there is a substantial difference in maintanence as the short (gen2) tube intake filters access does not require removal of the bumper. In reality this maintenance ease is the primary reason I went with the gen2. I really wouldn't expect a big difference isn actual rwhp between the two (gen2-gen3) with stock motor internals.
Also, my dynos are a little deceiving. I installed the CBE first so that yielded the greatest performance gains. If I had installed the CAI first the high gains would have been with that. The real lesson here is that to really reduce parasitic pumping loss and get the best efficiency (resulting in maximum performance gains) one must improve flow at both intake and exhaust allowing the motor to breathe easier.
I have final dyno info, will post soon. Biggest improvement is in mid range. Most noticeable, substantial drivability improvement.

78 Z1R, '08 ZX10R, 2010 BC Roadster S/T, 6M, Stillen G2 CAI, Invidia CBE, Berk test pipes, Painted headlights (180˚Custom), JDM rear fog, B&M short shifter, Stillen front plate mount, stubby antenna, setrab oil cooler, uprev. 337rwhp 254ft/lb corrected!
Dsphoto is offline   Reply With Quote