View Single Post
Old 10-12-2012, 11:22 PM   #11 (permalink)
Jordo!
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2023 NATM
Jordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achpoques View Post
There's a couple reasons to my decision.

The BRZ, manual or not, is still slower in the straights than the 350. However, I'm thinking they'd be close in autocross events.

With that said, BRZ's are now sold out until the 2014's around my area. With winter coming up, I don't count the ones coming over the cold months. That, and I like the idea of getting a lightly used 370Z for around the same price as the manual BRZ...but this gives me time over the winter to get a downpayment saved to have much lower payments than I'm suffering right now.

I love the look of the BRZ, but now that I've owned one, I'm craving some more power for straights (even though I autocross) and want something different. I've always loved the look of the 350/370's.
Sell it. In every way, shape, and form, the 370Z will blow it away. Braking, handling, acceleration. Only in the "flickablity" factor might the BRZ win, but it's not as if the 370Z is a numb turd (and it is leaps and bounds ahead of the 350Z).

And the hell of it is, it will do all that for about the same cost on a used one.

You can pick up a used 2010 sport package with reasonable miles on it now for upper 20's. I just bought a loaded 2011 (auto, sport, touring, nav) with low miles from a private seller for under 32K.

Actually, depending on your budget, you can almost definitely get a 2012 below invoice now that the 2013's are out.

Maybe eventually the twins will be offered with more power -- you can always go back some time in the future. They are great cars with tremendous potential.

But right now, the 370Z is a far better sports car which can be gotten for about the same money if you don't mind one that's a not brand new.