View Single Post
Old 10-12-2012, 04:43 PM   #508 (permalink)
fritz
Base Member

Drives: 2010 370Z M6
fritz is a splendid one to beholdfritz is a splendid one to beholdfritz is a splendid one to beholdfritz is a splendid one to beholdfritz is a splendid one to beholdfritz is a splendid one to beholdfritz is a splendid one to beholdfritz is a splendid one to behold

D370Z said, on 11 or 12 Oct
Follow instructions and pictures, this is from the forum.
That forum "from the forum" posting (not 370Z's) is DANGEROUS and should be nowhere near a sticky.

If the lock is on the car with the motor connected and the sensors depressed then
the lock can LOCK THE STEERING while in motion:
In another thread I showed how to do "this" (but not with tape please) but installing it in an eyeglass case without the lock.
Depressing the lock element with tape is real "DIY" rubbish.
In fact the lock element is being depressed against a cush-spring but is actually held in
"locked mode with cush-spring depressed"

Tape will give way and the lock will engage when driving.
The motor will repeatedly press at the lock. Tape is ridiculous. A threaded bolt could do it but then there's a fire danger (as there may be, actually, with tape).
Further: the torque of the motor is not understood it will soon, with heat, stretch the tape holding on the cover and lift it to engage or disengage the motor gear. Screws are essential.

IN BLOCKS: I AM SHOUTING. THIS REMOVES FAIL SAFE AND HAS NO BUSINESS NEAR A DIY:::OR ANY SITE...apologies to the originator.....but!!!

By all means e-mail me for long, detailed, and fail-safe (for your health) instructions
but I need your real name and address as I do not want bits copied irresponsibly and I prefer cars not to be stolen. This is so serious that I give my own e-mail address Johnmacd@hotmail.com. which, unlike this site, I visit often.

Fritz:
fritz is offline   Reply With Quote