View Single Post
Old 10-11-2012, 05:29 PM   #403 (permalink)
BrianSoCal
Base Member

Drives: 10 370Z Roadster
BrianSoCal is on a distinguished road

Order placed (2010 Roadster, 8000 miles, RevC) no failure yet, but not taking any chances.

I ALMOST convinced the local Nissan dealer to install the part for me before it's eventual failure, but they emailed me back today and said no after this reply yesterday:

I personally have seen (1) 370z that was towed here for what turned out to be a "Steering Lock Assembly". It was about a year ago and the car was here for about (1) week due to a parts order. I did call Nissan regarding your concern. I was informed that dating back to February of 2011, he found (16) warranty claims for the part number you provided for the 2010 370z. My parts department tells me that the part # you provided does "supercede" to a different part#. However, one of my lead technicians tells me that not all of the 2010 370z's were produced with the same part#. In other words, your vehicle may already have the updated part. I would ask - how do you know the part# that is currently in your vehicle?

I have no issue with replacing the part for you, as long as my Service Director says 'OK'. I will not have a response for you, probably until tomorrow (Thurs).

My concern is that if we remove the existing part from your vehicle and it is sent to Nissan for a warranty claim and it is found to already have the updated part# the claim may be rejected if it has not actually failed internally.

Today:

Unfortunately I was informed that we are not to replace parts under warranty that have not actually failed. Irregardless of what part number is currently in your vehicle. Unless there is an open recall related to that repair. I would need to refer you to Nissan Consumer Affairs at 800-nissan1 to ask if they would authorize the replacement as a precautionary measure.
BrianSoCal is offline   Reply With Quote