View Single Post
Old 10-11-2012, 10:19 AM   #31 (permalink)
Z_ealot
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 370Z Touring/Sprt
Z_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streetlife View Post
To the OP, i and others here are trying to help, but if you think that just waxing alone with a couple washes a month will take care of everything your going to be let down by every car manufacturer due to the environment (without a garage you will have to maintenance the exterior more, quick detailer or spray wash and a nice ultra soft microfiber towel). I went off topic as you say, because i was incorporating what i know as a professional car detailer to help remedy your problem. I and other people who care about the aesthetics of the vehicle as well as keeping them in the best condition possible know there's work involved to keep vehicles in pristine condition. All paint jobs from a car manufacturer will have some orange peel and minor defects. I ordered my 370Z and she still had a couple light scratches ( i am the only one who's ever touched her), but out of all the cars i've detailed she had the least amount of defects, including a Lexus LFA with the paper still on it. It is well known that every brand new car should have a clearbra done within the first week, after of course receiving full paint correction and protection, nothing worse than putting a clearbra over chips or pits, good luck.
about the same time of ownership as the OP on mine and its stored outside, it's a PIA but i full detail and wax my Z every 2 to 3 months and have yet to see any defects besides tiny chips here and there since i dont have a clearbra. of course i went in already knowing about the paint quality on our Z's and what i would have to do to keep the paint looking good, just goes to show you a little beforehand research goes a long way before deciding to purchase a $35,000 car as OP says.
Z_ealot is offline   Reply With Quote