View Single Post
Old 10-11-2012, 09:11 AM   #24 (permalink)
kellyefields
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Supercharged
kellyefields is a glorious beacon of lightkellyefields is a glorious beacon of lightkellyefields is a glorious beacon of lightkellyefields is a glorious beacon of lightkellyefields is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo187H View Post
That is one optimistic dyno.

To OP, what kind of dyno are you running on? And what is the TQ? Honestly your numbers sound pretty well spot on assuming the graph and TQ look alright. Different dynos will read far differently, you're in for a bad time if the only thing you're doing is looking at HP numbers with no other factors taken into consideration.
to put my numbers in perspective when the car was originally tuned by a shop that shall remain un named in WPB dynod the car on a mustang dyno and gave me a chart of 405hp. when I went to get a proper tune the shop here in Tampa put the car on an pulled a number of 398hp but it was detonating bad on top end and the air fuel was all jacked up. Spent 5 hrs getting it right and even pulled timing to ensure a safe tune and ended up with 432hp. WOW 370 also had his car tuned there and has twin turbo and pulled 464hp. The dyno used was set up for cars with 400+ so if you make it above that range you have a beast of a car. But with anything every dyno is different. To really know the difference in hp numbers from car to car you have to dyno on the same one with the same conditions so I take my numbers with a grain of salt.