View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012, 03:47 PM   #19 (permalink)
gbrettin
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Tricycle
gbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShockWave View Post
Will babying the car cause damage to motor over time? Should I redline the car or is the engine still needs broken in? Also how often should I redline the car if it needs it? My car is a 2010 with 13k miles. Thanks for any advice guys!
I don't think it babying the car would damage anything; it would just be boring to drive.

Your car has plenty of miles and is completely broke in to drive it how ever you want. Be sure to do the normal maintenance on the car and you should be fine in most cases. I will throw one caveat out there for you that others are not sharing. The more you beat on a car the more likely it will break.

Example. Your drive train will take more strain if you do hole shots every time vs every now and then. If you do some spirited driving every now and then no big deal.

The simple point: Drive it how you want to. If you have a few repairs then just fix the car, no big deal.
gbrettin is offline   Reply With Quote