View Single Post
Old 09-12-2009, 12:45 AM   #40 (permalink)
steven88
Base Member

Drives: 08.5 mazdaspeed 3
steven88 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sardis View Post
Dude (and I don't use that term often)

You need to focus. You have no need for the sport brakes if you just plan on driving aggressively on the street. Yes they are nice, but the standard brakes have similar stopping distances and if you burn them up on the street, you are driving like a maniac.

If you plan on doing a lot of oversteer psycho maniac driving on the street, get the VLSD. I have no idea how much experience you have driving a car sideways, but with an open diff, if you have never experienced it, you may well end up getting into a curb or worse... Simply because instead of the car snapping back like you would expect, one wheel will just keep spinning and send you somewhere you don't want to be.

If you don't like the Syncro rev match, why are you even contemplating this. The brakes are going to do you very little good solely on the street, and you want to run smaller tires anyway.

The sports pack is such a great deal, but if you are going to upgrade the car for the track, better parts are availale. If you just want an even more competent and good lucking street machine, it's really hard to beat.
haha, no need to call me dude and say I need to focus...this is an open discussion forum and I simply wanted to get some answers to my question

by the way, I never contemplated synchro rev match....I said I do my own heel toe downshifting...so where did you come up with this idea?
steven88 is offline   Reply With Quote