View Single Post
Old 09-12-2009, 12:07 AM   #40 (permalink)
speed_BMW330i
Base Member

Drives: 2006 BMW 330i Auto
speed_BMW330i is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethe370z View Post
Problem is, the dealership I ordered the vehicle from doesn't even have a clue about this. This concerns me.
I believe that the user representing LouFuz Nissan is a reputable forum member. He's given frank advice to buyers looking for advice on how to negotiate with dealers.

Granted, he could be wrong about the back-up camera, but chances are he would not have posted a comment unless he heard something that would lead him to believe that the camera was going to be produced.

In terms of when and how much the camera will cost is anyone's guess until Nissan formally announces pricing. I imagine that it may be a few months at least.

It wouldn't surprise me if your dealer was unaware of the camera. Until Nissan formally announces the pricing, this is all just preliminary discussions.

Given that this factory camera is most likely going to be available as an after market dealer installed option, you're probably best served buying your car now and not waiting for Nissan to announce the introduction of this option.

I for one would prefer that this option come out sooner rather than later, but given that Nissan has already announced the MY 2010/2011 changes, the backup camera may not happen until next year.

Just my two cents....

Good luck.

Martin
speed_BMW330i is offline   Reply With Quote