View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012, 09:04 AM   #65 (permalink)
jcosta79
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: N/A
jcosta79 is a name known to alljcosta79 is a name known to alljcosta79 is a name known to alljcosta79 is a name known to alljcosta79 is a name known to alljcosta79 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by JARblue View Post
no worries I drive all over Texas State Highways with lighted intersections on sections with 55-70 mph speed limits. Seeing as you are also in Texas I would have guessed you had seen this as well. SH 71 on the way to Bastrop from Austin is a prime example.

I also happen to be the son of a former Travis County Traffic Engineer, and the 'highway' term (in the US at least) is defined by the volume of traffic that a road can handle. The volume is, of course, proportional to the size of the road, and stoplights influence it as well.

Btw. I no longer use 1st, 4th, or 5th gears. I had an epiphany, and now it's kind of a religious thing.
Yeah, Texas is different when it comes to naming roads. I was born on the East Coast (NJ) and Highway over there is what I guess they would call a Tollway or Interstate here. (We call Tollway a Turnpike over there)

Don't get me started on why they give every road in Texas TWO NAMES!!!! And then the names change every few miles!!!

The main road I live off of has 6 different names in a span of about 10 miles!!! It's called FM 3040, Flower Mound Rd, Round Grove Rd, Hebron Parkway, Park Blvd, Betsy Ln, and finally Co Rd 721.

Check it out: fm 3040 flower mound - Google Maps
2012 PW NISMO #0559 - GT Spec Brace Kit - Swift Springs - ARK TP & Invidia CBE K&N Intake - UpRev Tune - 15mm Z1 Spacers & Studs - StopTech Slotted Rotors & SS Lines - ZSpeed CMAK with Stage 2 Clutch and Lightweight Flywheel