View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012, 07:44 AM   #773 (permalink)
GhazaliGTE
Base Member

Drives: 11 Nissan 370Z SR M6
GhazaliGTE is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemon-fresh View Post
looks good! I'll be doing my rear diffuser soon, any tips?
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickTurnon View Post
Pull tape off when wet...
Nick is right..but I happened to have removed my tape after several hours and it wasn't as bad as I had expected. It did take longer than I had expected, though; but I am very careful about removing it slowly with a box cutter for a smooth line-- but be very careful not to scratch your car if you choose to use this method. I think it should make for a clean line either way you choose to go.

As far as tips go, make sure not to short change yourself on the tape job and be sure to do light coats, especially the first one! I got excited and sprayed the hell out of the second coat lol I was trying to make sure I covered the crevices that I hadn't hit yet and it left a few sloppy conglomerates of paint that dried and looked like lines with a rough texture. It's not difficult to fix if you are careful with the other coats, though! I ended up doing 4: first and fourth coats were a light dusting, second and third were pretty solid coats that covered the majority of the paint. If I could recommend one thing further than I have done it would be to be sure to cover the entire exhaust and spray underneath the diffuser on the "invisible" parts as opposed to just the visible rear area like I did. I saved the best for last...be sure to spray in a consistent left to right pattern so you get even coating on each spray! Good luck and post pics once you get it done!

I should be receiving my black vinyl to black-top my roof today! I'll update with pics once I get it done...probably not until the weekend; unless, of course, if I get antsy and dive in after work! (Not very likely lol)

Last edited by GhazaliGTE; 10-10-2012 at 07:52 AM.
GhazaliGTE is offline   Reply With Quote