View Single Post
Old 09-11-2009, 11:03 PM   #38 (permalink)
steven88
Base Member

Drives: 08.5 mazdaspeed 3
steven88 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by noodles View Post
It seems like the only things you want on the sport package are the brakes and the LSD. both of which can be added from the after market with better results. i would say get the base and upgrade later, 3 grand will get most of what you want (without install). But one thing to consider is that driving is a lot like sex, every man thinks he is the best at it - Jeremy Clarkson. No matter how good you think you are at heal toeing the SRM will be better unless you are on a professional level ( even if you track all the time).
well heres the thing...I would LIKE the sport brakes and also the LSD...however my ultimate goal is to run 17s and the sports brakes will not accommodate 17 inch wheels....why do I want to run 17s? cheaper tires, cheaper rims, much more selection of lightweight wheels...etc etc....I do agree they will look ugly *** hell compared to 19s or 20s...but honestly, i could careless how my car looks...as long as I'm smoking on a straight line...and handling like rails on the twisties...i'm okay with 17s....

now with the VLSD...this is going to be the problem...I see that most aftermarket clutch type LSDs are north of 1k...pretty damn expensive....I was just wondering if the stock open diff would be okay for me...like I said earlier, I do not plan to track or auto-x....none of that time attack BS...just aggressive street driving....
steven88 is offline   Reply With Quote