View Single Post
Old 10-09-2012, 08:44 PM   #884 (permalink)
Z-Girl 12
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Spirited
Z-Girl 12 has a reputation beyond reputeZ-Girl 12 has a reputation beyond reputeZ-Girl 12 has a reputation beyond reputeZ-Girl 12 has a reputation beyond reputeZ-Girl 12 has a reputation beyond reputeZ-Girl 12 has a reputation beyond reputeZ-Girl 12 has a reputation beyond reputeZ-Girl 12 has a reputation beyond reputeZ-Girl 12 has a reputation beyond reputeZ-Girl 12 has a reputation beyond reputeZ-Girl 12 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulZ370 View Post
The sound will settle down quite a bit after you put a few miles on the system (a few hundred miles), especially when warmed up. I have the 18" Resonated CBE and Resonated High Flow Cats (all FI), but still, at cold start-up it shakes the whole house and I'm sure my neighbors can hear it nice and loud... however, once the RPM's drop (30 seconds later?) the sound is still deep and rumbly but a lot less noisy. I usually do creep out of my subdivision in first gear at low rpm's to keep the noise down. Once warmed up though, the exhaust is at a perfect note: at idle, you can just hear the deep rumble, but when I put my foot in it, it sounds ."..like a Ferrarri..." (I'm told - not making this up!). So, my advice is - be patient, it'll get there. Now a small caveat: not sure about the Carbon Canisters if they are louder than the stainless, but I'm sure that there shouldn't be that much dffference. Are you still on your stock cats by the way?
Hey! I'm syoll on my stock cats and plan 2 stick with them lol. But i think u were right...either i hav gotten use 2 the sound or they hav "calmed down" a bit i love the throaty sound. Well worth every penny! I plan 2 get it realigned 2morrow so the canisters r even. Thanks bunches for ur input! I soooo luv my Z...it sits jus right and sounds jus right!
2014 Nismo #565 Fast Intentions CBE/HFC/Swift/SPC/RJM/H&R-15/20mm/Z1 CAI/Headers/Intake Manifold w/Uprev Tune 328.31whp/263.64tq
Z-Girl 12 is offline   Reply With Quote