View Single Post
Old 10-09-2012, 02:38 AM   #2496 (permalink)
ImportConvert
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2019 CX5 GT Reserve
ImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mt Tam I am View Post
The super grade 1911's that shoot 2" groups @50+ yards are not the WWII looser tolerance never jam type.

When I carried a 1911 daily I had a regular no frills version. I have numerous model 70 Gold cups, had two Les Baer's, a Wilson, and an Ed Brown. They are like your AR, Ferraris in a clean environment. Not so great in a dirty gritty environment like the M1A or M14.

I like Glock but get a bigger bullet. A .45 comes pre expanded. At least a 40 S&W. All you'd need is a drop in bbl and new mags.

With that said my friend used a Beretta 9mm and one shot one kill (head). So you will have a gun (9x19) in a gun fight .

I think this is similar to the HP debate.
The irony is that in 1968 the M16 was tested against the M14 and over-all across jungle, beach, etc. it proved more reliable, as a whole, and never much better/worse in each individual environment.

The M4 is plenty reliable. My 1911's? They crapped the bed IN a clean environment.

The M4 is tested to withstand 3600 rounds between stoppages. The target for the MEUsoc 1911? 300. That tells it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacCool View Post
You have me interested in re-looking at the PPQ now. I just texted my FFL to order me one. Unfortunately, they are widely out of stock at virtually all of his distributers.

Here's an interesting thread over at M4C regarding Larry "Mr. Glock" Vickers and his impressions of the PPQ...

Walther PPQ - M4Carbine.net Forums

Anyway, I bring more than bickering, I ordered one of these today (yesterday, now, technically), so make fun of me or be jealous of me, whatever, it will be here in 2 days:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=http://youtu.be/A7pmjCWSgJU
ImportConvert is offline   Reply With Quote