Thread: CAN-bus project
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2012, 03:01 PM   #2 (permalink)
SouthArk370Z
Premium Member

Drives: 2014 Challenger
SouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond repute

I have been looking for a project like this. I have been trying to find out where the vehicle-specific PIDs are, but without much luck. The info is proprietary and all I have to work with is a ScanGaugeII and a few freebie monitoring apps for my laptop. The freebies are nice for logging data, but, as one would expect from a freebie, aren't much good for exploring (or maybe I just haven't figured it out).
If I can be of any help, please PM me.

I have a private wiki set up on my personal server that has a database I've filled with most of the Mode 1-3 PIDs with description, data format, range, raw data to human readable form formulae (for ScanGaugeII, but should be easy to convert to any other device/app that allows custom entries), &c.
If you would like access to that, just PM me and I'll setup an acct for you. The wiki was setup just for my own use, but if you want to add your data, I will open it up to at least The370Z members, if not the Universe.
SouthArk370Z is offline   Reply With Quote