View Single Post
Old 10-08-2012, 01:26 PM   #114 (permalink)
ben1620
Base Member

Drives: '05 Denali '09 370z
ben1620 is on a distinguished road

With a dyno, a good tuner can get u max gains bc every car is a little different. Having a base tune will make it easier for the tuner and should save some time/money spent on the dyno. "seymore4"(joe) will sell u a tuner version with cable for $550 shipped instead of $700msrp and give u a base tune like uprev would do. Tuner version can be resold or put on another vehicle whereas the $500msrp version cant. Base tune won't be max performance but will be getting close and it wont hurt your car. There is a possibility that driving too long without a tune, with too many mods, can do some damage. Joe is very knowledgable and is active here and on the g37&Titan forums so there amanse wrap posts where he is explaining how uprev works. His $550 cable is new, legit and very easy to use; he owns a shop and sells them at cost just bc he thinks ecu access shouldn't be such a ripoff. I don't think u actually get a cable with the 500msrp version but I can hook the car up to my laptop and monitor/record/change just about any data, sensors, or settings that u can think. One thing i did recently was tell m car to turn on the radiator fan at lower temps. Installing the tune is as easy as opening a word document