View Single Post
Old 10-08-2012, 03:32 AM   #1 (permalink)
mhcoss
Track Member

Drives: 2012 370Z SPORT M/T
mhcoss will become famous soon enough
Default 2012 370Z burning oil

Well, never thought this would happen to me but here I am.

Bought a brand new 2012 370 last April. Car has been a joy to drive since day one. Recently I noticed some odd odors coming from it at start up so I started it up and took a good look at the exhaust.

There is a nice plume of visible white smoke emitting from the tail pipes. Once the car reaches operating temps its subsides little. Car seems to drive fine but I notice some unusual noise from the engine.

If I slowly rev it up to around 2.5k and release the gas I hear an odd hissing sound come from the engine bay... I hear the same sound when the car shuts off.

The burning oil became painfully obvious when I checked my dipstick the other day, the first 6k miles it didn't burn oil at all so I stopped checking it so diligently. The car was pretty low on oil but not dry.

Can't tell you how disappointed I am in Nissan.. This may scare me away from ever buying another Nissan. I am going to take it to the stealership and see what they say I guess. Anyone ever hear of a new car burning oil resolve well?

EDIT:

Car has 8k miles now and has had 3 oil changes

Last edited by mhcoss; 10-08-2012 at 03:35 AM. Reason: left out mileage
mhcoss is offline   Reply With Quote