View Single Post
Old 10-07-2012, 06:05 PM   #12 (permalink)
Red__Zed
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Mostly on two wheels
Red__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple's View Post
My Opinion is 1st was designed for a reason to get the car moving and continue the progress with the following gears.

Not using 1st is just adding more stress on a gear that was not designed to be used as the primary gear.

When and if you start having issues with 2nd?

Please don't come back to complain "My 2nd gear is giving me problems"

Good Luck....

More likely to see clutch wear than gear issues...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS_Firehawk View Post
The faster I can get off the clutch per gear, the better. Clutches wear out and using 2nd gear from a stop is a good way to increase wear exponentially, and just like it was mentioned before, the synchros in 2nd weren't made for it. If your tranny does lose 2nd, and you take it in to Nissan, it's not going to get covered because it was damaged under a condition it was not built to withstand. I'm sure they will question why 1st gear looks brand new.

So to answer your question, I'm pretty sure 99.99% of us do, including the computer that controls the auto's tranny
You are actually going to see LESS wear on your 2nd gear synchros starting in second...