View Single Post
Old 10-07-2012, 09:16 AM   #15 (permalink)
OMGiGOTaZ
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 12 370Z Auto Sport
OMGiGOTaZ is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEpointfive0 View Post
If you want it to break, and you want headaches, buy cheap Germam...

I'm sorry LakeShow, I agree with a lot of your posts and feedback, but this I don't agree with... My 2010 BMW 3 series, making engine noises after 30k miles of highway miles... Mom's 2008 VW Passat, 3 water pumps in 30k, 3 years, best friend's 2005 VW Jetta, 2 water pumps, overheated a few times struts blown out, 55k miles (in 2009, then he sold it)

Germans make AMAZING CARS... For a short time... Most of the time German cars take a dump at 50k...
And they USED to make really reliable cars, now they just have reliable owners...

Btw, the IS300 isn't going to get great mileage...

And call your insurance to get quotes, I got an estimate for a DeLorean, half of the premium of the 370Z... I made sure they looked into it, $1000 bumper, door skins are like $2000, hood costs another $3k, and mind you, these are USED parts on eBay, AND you can't Bondo the damn car to repaint it, but they confirmed, and they said they have all the estimates in their system... Even the Toyota Supra was cheaper, they even looked into it to give me the money they'd pay out if the cars got totaled... They were going to pay out like $4k over the price I was going to buy either car... God knows why, it just worked out that way...
STAY AWAY FROM VW, ESPECIALLY USED ONES!

IF YOUR PLANNING ON MODDING THE IS300, MY BUDDY HAD VERY POOR RELIABILITY ONCE HE STARTED... ENDED UP TRADING FOR AN S2000 I BELIEVE