View Single Post
Old 10-06-2012, 10:14 PM   #651 (permalink)
Japanjay
Track Member

Drives: 09 Nissan 370z MB M6
Japanjay is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mt Tam I am View Post
Started new oil consumption test. 10,000 miles on new motor and still adding a couple quarts between changes.
This is what it looks like when you fail. Hopefully third and final motor. Went by today to check it out and drop off the freshly powdercoated wheels. Now just waiting on the front upper strut bar to get finished at the powdercoaters getting some graphic work getting done. Should be getting her back Monday if they get it wrapped up along with the mechanic putting the car back together. Once at home I have to take all the wheels off and take those back to the powdercoaters to let them finish the pinstripping and lettering that needs to be done.

Pics of oil test failure:

New short block put back toether, waiting to go in:

Pics of what it looks like in the old cylinders. Oil rings go bad and get blowby on hard downshifts:

In the box to be sent off to nissan north america for inspection of failure.

Read on here recently about how the driveshaft is carbon fiber. Needless to say it catches you off guard on how light it is when you pick it up. Service manger said to be sure not to drop it hard, a single chip and the driveshaft has to be replaced.

Pic of almost finished wheel. Scoped up a set of 235/35r19 and 295/30r19 V12's for $200 with only 1k in miles on them that came off a R8.

Then before I left I had to check out the GTR they just got in. Service manager mentioned it was the only 2013 Black edition that is done this amazing white pearl. Not even preordered. Sitting there in the sun outside waiting for a buyer.

One dealer came walking out on the phone talking to someone about it and describing it to them. Sounded like an interested customer.

Last edited by Japanjay; 10-06-2012 at 10:24 PM.