View Single Post
Old 10-06-2012, 10:12 AM   #10 (permalink)
Threev8s
Base Member

Drives: 09 MB 6MT,03 V8 4Run
Threev8s is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnsZ View Post
You guys made me change my thinking. Looks like I'll be buying snows for the Winter and performance when Spring comes. Thanks for the advice!
I just put Bridgestone Potenza 970as tires on my 370Z. These tires don't grip quite as well as the Yoko Advans that came stock, but I wouldn't say it's as dramatic a difference as people make it out to be. They grip well and are much quieter, and I highly recommend them for this car. In addition, you get a 40K mile waranty. I got 23K out of the Advans, which is a lot for those tires. If you aren't tracking the car, you'll be fine with all season tires. I understand the logic of putting away your summer tires and putting on winter tires, but it's a question of where you want to compromise. I don't see the point of driving the Z with winter tires on the car unless it's your only car and you don't have a choice but to drive it in the snow and expose it to road salt. With all season tires, you get the flexibility of driving the car on those nice winter days and the car will handle like it's supposed to. In addition, in spite of the fact that the summer tires do better on a wet track, you will do much better when you run through standing water with the all season tires than summer tires, especially when the temps start to drop.
Threev8s is offline   Reply With Quote