View Single Post
Old 10-05-2012, 07:00 PM   #920 (permalink)
Boosted Performance
The370Z.com Sponsor

Drives: Z's
Boosted Performance has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted Performance has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted Performance has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted Performance has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted Performance has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted Performance has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted Performance has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted Performance has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted Performance has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted Performance has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted Performance has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlkNismo View Post
What is the additional cost for recirculated wastgates or is this now standard?
Also, high flow cat option?
Recirculating is standard, and no high flow cat options at the moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sojirovskensi View Post
Payment sent!
Am I the first one who will be receiving the kit?
This is such a perfect gift for my baby's 2nd birthday (even though it is late by a month, so I need to make up for it! lol)
Got it, thank you. Yes you are the first to send in a deposit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elperuano View Post
The graph says 12lbs of boost. Made more power at 9 than 12?
At peak power of 550whp, the boost was 9psi, not 12psi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G37sHKS View Post
Woow!! now look at that flat torque!

Might sell my GTM TT and get this!!
That is crazy talk....however

Quote:
Originally Posted by elperuano View Post
The flat torque is nice, however for entertainment purposes it's at 411. With my Gtm TT kit on my graph the lowest point is around 411. But the highest point is 496. I'm still very happy with what I have.
As mentioned before, torque is a function of timing. The more agressive the timing, the more torque the engine will put down. I can provide countless dyno graphs to support this.

I have noticed that GTM dyno charts are very aggressive early in the rpm range. You can tell that by the way the torque goes up out of the gates, again, early in the RPM range. A lot of tuners will avoid this on stock blocks because it is a lot of stress on the engine. If you look at the 550whp chart you can see that the boost is already at 10psi by 3750rpm, so if the timing was advanced the torque would have shot way up in the 400's. Then as the RPM's go up, the torque would taper off. Instead, a nice smooth, flat torque curve is simply easier on the engine, prolonging it's life.

EDIT:

Here is a perfect example of the same kit with a different tuner:

http://wrxatlanta.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29246

Note the torque curve between 3500 and 4500rpm...easing into it. I

I am not arguing your numbers at all, or the kit it performs great. Just noting how timing/tuner have a large role to play when it comes to presenting the final graph/numbers.
IG @boostedperformanceyeg

Last edited by Boosted Performance; 10-05-2012 at 07:22 PM.
Boosted Performance is offline   Reply With Quote