View Single Post
Old 01-13-2009, 10:33 AM   #3 (permalink)
sbkim
Base Member

Drives: RRSC
sbkim is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by tranceformer View Post
It might be tough right now, IMO. Most dealers I've called only have 1 instock and claim to have a few more coming in from NNA in next month. I suggest waiting a few weeks or months until they have more on the lots.

And from what I've been told from a friend that used to work at a stealership is that you don't really special order from the factory; the car is not custom built to a customer's order. Dealer simply locates one for you that's already here stateside, and trades with another dealer to get it to you, usually adding mileage to the car.
D'oH! that's what I was afraid of - sending some idiot to go pick up my car 200 miles away! I did read some threads about folks being able to order from factory but I can totally see how my local dealers will tell me that you can't order so they can just do trades or move their stock inventory. I actually had a dealer tell me that stock NAV is horrible (which may be true) and sport pkg wasn't worth the monty (again, which may be true) just so they can move their base Z

I am willing to wait until summer so I have all the time in the world. The key is finding one at invoice and not getting dealer trades.
sbkim is offline   Reply With Quote