View Single Post
Old 10-05-2012, 12:36 PM   #10 (permalink)
jcosta79
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: N/A
jcosta79 is a name known to alljcosta79 is a name known to alljcosta79 is a name known to alljcosta79 is a name known to alljcosta79 is a name known to alljcosta79 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skorch View Post
Thanks again for the replies guys. The reason I'm not considering cars such as the C5 and S2000 is because I won't be saving much in terms of gas or insurance. Both are classified the same as the Z - 2 seater sports cars. I want to get away from that, and get something 4-door. I'm sure that later down the road I'll be returning to the sports car world, and can definitely see myself owning another Z, if they don't screw up the next gen too bad. But for now I need to take a back seat and save some money.
Corvette (at least in Texas) is cheaper to insure than a Z. Also gas mileage in a Vette is MUCH better. I would EASILY get 30+ MPG while driving 90+ on the highway. It was a heavily modded car as well with a big lumpy cam, headers, etc... I was very surprised. Most expensive to insure IIRC is a Mustang GT.

If you think 4 door car is going to be cheaper on insurance, don't get an EVO. You will be surprised.
2012 PW NISMO #0559 - GT Spec Brace Kit - Swift Springs - ARK TP & Invidia CBE K&N Intake - UpRev Tune - 15mm Z1 Spacers & Studs - StopTech Slotted Rotors & SS Lines - ZSpeed CMAK with Stage 2 Clutch and Lightweight Flywheel
jcosta79 is offline   Reply With Quote