View Single Post
Old 10-05-2012, 02:43 AM   #6 (permalink)
DEpointfive0
Premium Member Bitches

Drives: a lot
DEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skorch View Post
Thanks for the info! I'm most likely going to be getting an auto (sigh) as the manual versions are nearly impossible to find. Thankfully my buddy is a mechanic, so he can hook me up on maintenance for it. I'm in no hurry to get it immediately, but I'm already looking for some decent deals. What would you say is a good price to pay for one with a clean title and less than 100k miles?
My rule of thumb is pay the KBB trade in value for a good condition if it's in amazing condition... And if the person really has ALL maintenance records, maybe more...
Figure for a 2005 with 75k miles, $10-11k?

If you can ask to have the car's compression tested, do it, again, I don't assume the engine will die, but if you're serious about buying it, $20-40 is worth the money more than any damn carfax... Also, if you don't know how to tell if a car has been painted or repaired, please look it up, or take a buddy with you... (If you're looking to buy a car from the Southern CA area, I'd be more than happy to give it a look over for you)

This isn't a smokin deal, but I'm just throwing it out there:

2002 Lexus IS 300, $12,870 - Cars.com
DEpointfive0 is offline   Reply With Quote