View Single Post
Old 10-04-2012, 10:49 AM   #4 (permalink)
DEpointfive0
Premium Member Bitches

Drives: a lot
DEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond repute

I've got a LOT of experience with them, I am a Toyota fanboy, BIG TIME... The major things you have to look for in the older IS300's is random maintenance, the engine is bullet proof, we all know that, but I'd still try to find something under 100k miles, if you're looking for a manual, make sure its a POST 2002 model, or else they did a swap (I don't trust people who do that, LOL) And most people beat on the manual, especially because it was hard to find...

Honestly with a car that old, your biggest things will be belts, plugs, pumps... Make sure the belts have been replaced recently, if it's under 100k miles it'll probably need a timing belt, which CAN be pricey, I'd change the spark plugs, and just have some spare cash in case the A/C dies on you, especially because you're in Phoenix...
DEpointfive0 is offline   Reply With Quote