View Single Post
Old 10-03-2012, 08:23 PM   #1 (permalink)
rts_kaneda
Base Member

Drives: 11 370Z A54 M6
rts_kaneda is on a distinguished road
Default DIY: Alacantra Knee Pad Install

Okay, my Alacantra Knee Pads arrived.
The part numbers are 96992 ietoa and 96993 ietoa , they are unavailable in Australia according to my local Nissan Dealer (We don't get very many part choices down under), Z1 Motorsports checked that these were the correct parts for me.

Installation Instructions:

Here is some pictures of the alacantra knee pads first up:

(Please note, alacantra generally looks bad in photographs)

STEP 1:

Grab the closest part of the shift boot's silver coloured holder in relation to the rear of the car and pull up.

Please note there is two hooks underneath the climate control panel, so that part needs to go down to lift out.
Then move away from whichever side you plan on replacing first.

STEP 2:

Find the two screws that I have highlighted:

These screws hold the panel in place as well as 6 small clips.
Once the screws are removed pull the bottom back part of the panel away from the center console, this action will cause all 6 clips to unlatch, leaving you with:

Line up the alacantra piece and install the closest clip to the two screw holes first and then lightly press on the knee pad, the screw holes will then align and all 6 clips will have attached.

STEP 3:
Re-insert the two screws.
STEP 4:
Perform the same actions mirrored on the other side.
STEP 5:
Reinstall the gear knob finisher, remembering there is two hooks holding the piece underneath the climate control panel and press lightly on the end closest to the rear of the car until you hear a click.

End Result:

rts_kaneda is offline   Reply With Quote