View Single Post
Old 10-03-2012, 03:07 PM   #35 (permalink)
Mt Tam I am
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370Z T/S/N 6MT & XKE
Mt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaleForce View Post
That is pretty much me exactly. I remember to hit the VDC button the first time it holds me back, many times it's too intrusive for me.

I have noticed the same thing about the car being more spirited with it off, to the point where I've been thinking about rewiring the VDC to be in the "normally off" condition.

If you learn how, would you please let me know how you did it please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by agrotech View Post
I totally agree with this statement! However, I leave it on when i hit the twisties regardless of weather conditions.
On for the twisties? Interesting. It is exiting a corner when I'd most want it off anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreatOne View Post
VDC off now most of the time. Except when its raining, then its on for sure.

I used to be one who left it on and was scared from hearing the stories, I remember turning it off first time and gunning it in 1st on a turn, lol....wooooooooooo...almost lost it...

But now, its off all the time, I only fish tail or slide when I am 'trying' so I have obviously learned how the car behaves much better. Knowing how to take a corner helps too lol
Those stories had me thinking I'd crash for sure. When I did turn it off, I found out the 370Z is a car, not a ticking time bomb.

To those who told stories such as this I offer you advice that is just as good. Do not use a public restroom or you will become diseased.
Nissan Motorsports 34R Oil Cooler. Stillen CBE. Hotchkis Sport Sway Bars. KW Variant 3 Coilover System. Stillen Gen3 CAI. Michelin Pilot Super Sport. Stillen Brake Ducts. Carbotech™ XP10/XP8 Pads. Z1 Front Rotors. Z1 Stainless Brake Lines. Two degrees of camber
Mt Tam I am is offline   Reply With Quote