View Single Post
Old 10-03-2012, 01:25 PM   #12 (permalink)
DCNISMO
Track Member

Drives: Nismo Z
DCNISMO has a reputation beyond reputeDCNISMO has a reputation beyond reputeDCNISMO has a reputation beyond reputeDCNISMO has a reputation beyond reputeDCNISMO has a reputation beyond reputeDCNISMO has a reputation beyond reputeDCNISMO has a reputation beyond reputeDCNISMO has a reputation beyond reputeDCNISMO has a reputation beyond reputeDCNISMO has a reputation beyond reputeDCNISMO has a reputation beyond repute

Okay, my last car was a B6 S4 Modded with APR cats, exhaust, tune, PSS9 coils, JHM SS, and Alcon brakes all around...

So...B6 and B7 use port, not direct injection= no carbon issues
RS4...direct injection.....carbon issues...needs a 1K or so cleaning every 10K miles or so to keep full power...go to 15K and you get CEL's

B6 and some B7 motors...timing chain guides can and do break...and ruin the engines...it takes 4-6K to remove motor and fix the silly things....don't WAIT till it happens as you will ruin the motor...used is 12K or so....

B6 and B7 scored cylinders....leads to massive oil consumption and a new short block...

RS4...built better motor, I don't think it has guide problems...

Stay away from B6 and B7 S4's unless you have cash on hand 10-15K for repairs, as Audi will not help you on this...OEM warranty are all gone by now.

B8 faster and better than the B6, B7, and RS4. Had initila problems with water pumps going bad...still hear about buzzy electronics going bad, DSG controllers going out, and a few other things....having to pay for this own your own....VERY expensive.

So that's why German cars get dumped by the original owner not long after or right before the OEM warranty ends.

I loved driving my B6, it was fast and smooth....but also a ticking time bomb. It was making cam chain noises last November....I knew what was up....so I traded it on my Nismo.
DCNISMO is offline   Reply With Quote