Thread: ART vs TP
View Single Post
Old 09-30-2012, 03:21 PM   #6 (permalink)
.c2
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 09 370z MB 6MT
.c2 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMGiGOTaZ View Post
I don't think you would have a hard time selling your Test Pipes on here with low mileage if you end up swapping them out...

I am about to make the switch to TP myself, but am on the fence on whether to go RTP since I added the 18" resonators to the FI exhaust I ordered.
Ahh really? If that's the case I just might swap them out... it's only been on for 2 days lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewtoZ's5 View Post
Just a thought, but why not get some high flow cats. Should help with sound and drone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PharmDZ View Post
What Newtoz said... I have the Invidia Gemini with the Fast Intentions high flow cats and I LOVE my exhaust sound. The tone is great, it's loud but not obnoxious, and theres practically no drone/rasp.
I wanted TP over HFC for the gains and price lol, but I guess the price I pay for labour + buying another TP/ARTP would be around the same as going HFC in the first place..
Quote:
Originally Posted by NV370z View Post
Running art plus invidia for approx 500 miles. When first installed there was a hiss on decel, that has significantly gone away. As for drone/rasp, no drone, very little and I mean little rasp (cant stop it completely running any kind of non-res pipes). The invida was rumored to have the smallest drone/rasp when combined with tp/art pipes, this has been true in my experience, 2600-3200 rpm, you would think it was stock.
Ahhh really? I don't mind the hiss at all, though it's really noticeable through accel and decel right now all through out the RPM range if I go WOT lol. It's just the drone and the slight rasp that bugs me a bit. It reminds me of my friend's HKS catback + Berk HFC, which I really don't like because of the raspy sound. Actually right now at 2600-3200rpm my non res tp do not drone at all either, it's just right by 2k (give or take 200rpm) where the drone is annoying. Do you notice loud drone at that RPM as well?
And yes I was happy to find that Invidia Gemini was said to have the least amount of rasp/drone haha, I lucked out there :P

Instagram // Build Thread
Amuse / Mines / Bride / Momo / KW / Hotchkis / Motordyne / Invidia / Injen
.c2 is offline   Reply With Quote