View Single Post
Old 09-30-2012, 08:59 AM   #43 (permalink)
OMGiGOTaZ
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 12 370Z Auto Sport
OMGiGOTaZ is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSUTurboTiger View Post
The steering-lock-intelligent-key issue alone is enough to severely hurt that rating. Since that happened to me I have never again felt the car was reliable. Every time you drive it out of town you worry about if it will start. Now, with the harness and cut wire I feel better, but my faith in the other components of that system remains so-so at best. If Consumer Reports called me, 'reliable' would not be in my description of this car. I've said it before, but after 22 years of Nissan Z's (and two Nissan trucks and a Maxima) I am done, I won't buy another Nissan.
I had the same issue with my hyundai and the key leaving me stranded, but I would never call the car unreliable for that issue alone. For putting 74,000 miles on a car in less than 2 years it was very reliable

I looked at the Consumer Reports for the Z a few months back compared to the Camaro SS/Genesis Coupe/Evo/Merceded C class/Mustang And Many more...

So, what I saw was that the Z had a poor reliability rating compared to EVERYTHING else on my list, so I looked at the reviews and noticed the Oil cooler and Limp mode were high on those lists of complaints, considering the 2012 was coming standard with one I felt confident buying the Z